.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

Monday 29 February 2016

February Favourites


I have been trying to take a little more 'me' time lately.. By that i don't mean a day at the spa or anything like that but maybe a slightly longer soak in the bath of an evening or 15 minutes to do my makeup in the morning as oppose to the usual 5 minute rushed job it usually is. As a trained makeup artist i do tend to miss the days i spent taking agessss to do my makeup but it was done to perfection and now i just don't get the time. Unfortunately i don't have the kind of skin where a little bit of tinted moisturiser would be enough. So a very quick foundation application is an every day must!! Nowadays i skip a lot of steps completely. So most days a slick of mascara and and bit of filling in of the old eyebrows is usually all i do, esp on the days i am staying in or just running errands. But if i am going out to soft play or meeting friends etc i will pop on a little eyeshadow mostly neutral shades, a tiny hint of blush and if I'm feeling in a 'i want to look like a yummy mummy' kind of mood then a dab of lipstick.. So onto my favourites and what I've been loving..

1. Twinning Pomegranate & Raspberry Tea
I am currently doing Slimming world and wanted to cut down on the amount of cups of tea i drink especially as i was having 2 sugars in my tea. I remember drinking this herbal tea when i was expecting Ethan and i really liked it, its great for those who want to try something different but don't like the 'usual' herbal teas because i was never a massive fan of them but this one actually is really lovely and is great if you want something sweet, it just curbs the cravings for biscuits or chocolate, well at least for a little bit.

2. Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
I got this a couple of months ago. Its for sensitive eyes and I'm loving it. I avoid a lot of eye makeup removers because many of them seem to irritate my eyes and i do have to rub it in a bit with the cotton pad as i wear liquid liner and lots of mascara. So i wanted something that even with all the rubbing to get it off was going to be gentle on my eyes and this one does that and it gets it all off too!

3. Rimmel Nail Polish in 313 Rita Rouge
I try and do my nails every Sunday night.. if I'm being organised that is. I have been wearing this shade from Rimmel for three weeks straight. I'm just loving it. This deep berry/red wine colour is right up my street and goes with anything i wear not to mention for me it looks more interesting that a basic red sometimes. This is also a really nice polish aside from the shade. A small simple bottle but has a large brush so its quicker and easier to apply. I use 2 coats for a really opaque colour.





4.  Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Bronze
I bought this for the second time in January, i had not used it in a while but i remembered i loved it especially this beautiful bronze shade. I have so many bronzy coloured eyeshadows in my collection that its now bordering on ridiculous! So what's one more, right?.. Well this one is worth it for sure! Yes its bronze same as all the ones i have but it is a cream so its easy to apply & no need for brushes, it blends in beautifully in seconds and looks like you've made more effort with your eye makeup more than you actually have. Its also the kind of bronze that picks up the light in a beautiful way and this seems to be one of few i get most compliments on. 

These days i have little time to spend applying my makeup so anything that is quick and easy to use is a winner in my book. I'm not sure though if it does last '24hrs' I've never worn it this long! But it does last quite nicely, i never feel the need to retouch it. The one downside for me is like most creams in their packaging it does dry up so does not tend to last that long so make sure if your using this to keep the lid nice and tight to keep it air locked so you do have it for longer! Ramble over... 


5. Dairy Milk Thins
Maybe a slightly random favourite but these thin little treats have been a little saviour to me on slimming world. I have quite a sweet tooth and some days i really struggle to keep it at bay.. I want to eat whatever the hell i want.. but i also know i simply can't do that if i ever want this weight to come off.. or it never will. My struggle with willpower is a never-ending one. So I've switched to lighter options and this is another one. This one on slimming world is still 5 syns however when I've been 'good' all day this is my treat come the evening time with of cup of tea.. satisfies my sweet tooth without going too far and feeling that dreaded 'guilt'! 

6. Loreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara in Black
I picked this up in boots a few weeks back. I needed a new mascara and I'm always on the look out for new/amazing mascaras that will give me the longest thickest lashes you've ever seen..
I do expect a lot from a mascara and probably expect too much really as my lashes are nice but not amazing. They were so long as a child but they just don't seem to be like that anymore. So I'm always longing to get those childhood doll lashes back again.. This Mascara i had picked up on a whim, i had no clue what it was like. I had read no reviews on it and had seen no advertising on it but as you can probably tell it being in my favourites and all... i like it... i like it alot!! 

Its slightly curved plastic brush elongates more than it thickens but it does get at every lash from the root & especially the small inner corner ones. It coats the lashes nicely even after one coat and does give the lashes some really nice length. 

7. Oral B 3D Brilliance Toothpaste
I watched a favourites video by Zoella some weeks back and she mentioned this toothpaste! So a few days later while i was doing my food shop in Asda i spotted this and thought I'll give this a go! Very rarely loyal to a toothpaste, i often switch from brand to brand never really believing all their claims of being the best toothpaste for whitening teeth but i thought they wouldn't be in a favourites video if it wasn't half bad! I have to say i have really noticed a difference using this toothpaste, its only been over 3/4 weeks since i got it but its definitely slightly whitened my teeth which I'm delighted with! So that teaches me to not be so cynical about these toothpaste brands and sometimes they actually do what they say on the tin.

8. Britney Spears Fantasy perfume
So i am including two perfumes in my favourites because i have been wearing these two only all month or probably since Christmas and i have a good collection of perfumes. This one is soooooo yummy.. i have been wearing this one nearly everyday. It might not be a 'high end' perfume but i don't care! its lovely and sweet and i always get compliments on this one especially from the other half. It makes me feel summery, sexy and super girly! 

9. Chanel No.5
This is the other perfume that i tend to go to, not half as often as my Britney one but well this is a Chanel no.5 after all.... and i don't want to waste it! It's not cheap that's for sure but worth the money! I got this one as a present at Christmas but i have bought this as a treat for myself over the years. As perfume goes this is a pure classic, it oozes sophistication & elegance. Its the one i usually wear when i am getting dressed up or going anywhere special to make me feel great and finish off the 'look' nicely. 

Thanks for reading!! xx
 I do love to know what people love and really rate beauty or non beauty wise! ..so do please let me know what yours are!
Have a lovely day/week! 

Kerrie xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...........From Mummy To Me............ All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig