.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

Saturday 26 September 2015

Pram Woes..



So this post will probably not be a very interesting one!! But i'm feeling a little sad as i am currently on the lookout for a double pram and i just don't know which one to get or which brand is right for me. Long story short i bought a second hand double pram off ebay about 6 weeks ago.
When i had Ethan i wanted everything brand new and shiny so went out and got myself a nice black silver cross surf. I loved it! It was easy from the get go. Easy to fold down, lightweight, smooth on the pavements. I still have it and sometimes i still use this if i am only taking Dylan out but i have to say it feels like it one of the wheels has something wrong with it, its not flat cos they're not real tyres so puncture free but one tends to want to go in a certain direction so it can be hard to push at the moment. Probably something minor i can get fixed however what i really need is a double pram to take both my boys out in. Ethan has only just turned 2 and will walk a little bit but gets tired and lazy so will refuse to walk, and quite right really cos he is only 2.
So back to the pram i got off eBay... Well my theory was this. I didn't wanna spend loads of money on a double pram that i probably wouldn't use for that long. I did not want something too used, so looked around on ebay and found one that had been barely used a Phil & Ted's Sport double and it was a business so they changed all the fabrics and tyres on it in order to resell and get the best possible price. I mean it did look almost new.. so happy days!


When it arrived i was definitely pleased with it. It looked in such a lovely an new condition that i felt i had made right choice and saved a few pound in the process. I liked the latest Phil & Ted 'navigator' double in Mothercare and it didn't feel too big or heavy in the shop. So i guess naively i presumed many of their prams would be the same. The model i chose on eBay a 'sport' is an older model and not one still available in the shops.
Fast forward six weeks and....... I'm not so happy. As great a condition the pram is in. I wish i had got it from a shop where i could have tested it out and had a proper good look at it.The realism is it's a ridiculously heavy pram! I drive everywhere so i need to get this in and out of the boot and i won't lie it's hard work. Not easy to fold up and down either it takes more time than it should to get it all up and ready with kids inside. It's so heavy before the kids even sit in, so once they are in, it's just so heavy to push! I did wonder if I'm a bit of a weakling lol but no this really is a very strong pram a bit too strong for me. A small trip to the local shop or doctors pushing this and I'm genuinely worn out, puffing away all red-faced!
I also don't like the tyre's at all! It isn't smooth on the footpath like my silvercross It's very bumpy for the kids and the tyre's do seem to be a bit fragile. I can't count how many times I've put air in these tyres and i haven't even had it long or used it much. Something us busy mum's could do without to be honest!There are a few other issues with the pram but the main problem i have is how solid and heavy it is. That it really isn't enjoyable pram to use at all. So I am going to buy a different one but i do need to do my research this time and get the right one.
If anyone reading has any suggestions for good doubles I'd love to hear them, as I'm at a loss at the moment..  :) I like some of the side by side ones like the city mini.. but i worry about getting it through doorways! Any advice would be much appreciated.
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...........From Mummy To Me............ All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig