.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

Thursday 24 September 2015

10 Reasons i Love Autumn


September is here! One of my favourite months after may
 my birthday month!  More importantly its my favourite season! Golden leaves, darker evenings, cosy nights on the sofa! Its my ideal season and here's why..
Goodbye Summer!!! I love a bit of sun like anyone but when we get those longed for heatwaves.. yes i am one of those people who end up moaning about how uncomfortable it is..! I really don't like wearing less clothes. I was never overly confident with my body but after having two kids in a short space of time wearing dresses, shorts, vests, arms out, legs out, everything out.. it just fills me with dread every time! I don't like sweating, humid nights, hot trains and quite frankly i don't enjoy bbq's...!!! Now i'm not a total misery there are some things i like about summer but on the whole Autumn/Winter is definitely my season!!
Darker evenings... As the nights draw in and it gets colder outside this is the time that i really love.. I can also start to put my 2 year old to bed a bit earlier now, as he will actually believe me when i say its night time...
Cosy Blankets on the sofa! Winter duvet on the bed! Yes even though i love this time of year i feel the cold more than most so i love nothing more that sitting on the sofa of an evening, cup of tea in one hand, cosy blanket over me, fire on, catching up with my shows on the sky planner & if its dark cold and rainy outside.. even better! am all for the cosyness!!
Hot dinners! Yes yes yes.. stews, casseroles, roast dinners, all kinds of yummyness! I love a hot dinner! much prefer them to salads, cold dinners, bbq food any day. Sooo Comforting!
Pumpkin spiced latte!! mmmmm i cannot wait to see these back at Starbucks! its delicious! Any hot drinks to be honest are lovely & warming in the cold weather.. Tea, Hot chocolate.. But i do love going to a starbucks or costa coffee for their seasonal coffees. Anything with pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, chestnut, almond in is always a winner!
Darker Nails.. along with a change of season. I move over to the dark side on my nails too.. Love the burgundy, plums, and black shades.
Autumn Leaves.. Where i live there isn't many leaves on the ground. It's quite built up, very residential with little trees around but i do loves golden leaves on the ground as you walk. And i will be taking my toddler to local parks or into the nearby countryside so he can run around and play in them, something i loved to do as a child.
Halloween... Now i like it and i don't like it. I'm not really into trick or treating though my kids are much too young but i'm not sure i will ever allow them to do it as its just not safe where i live in outer London. If i lived in a little cute village or town then maybe but for now no. I do however remember dressing as a witch when i was little at home, making 'potions', watching hocus pocus eating toffee apples. So for that reason halloween is nostalgic to me and i hope to make it special and imaginative for my boys as they grow up too.
Autumn/Winter Fashion. I love love love wearing boots! could wear them all year long. I love coats, scarf's, gloves, woolly hats! i love the darker or more interesting colours in the shops. I also feel there is a far better choice of clothing during this season & then of course there is all the LBT's, sparkle and xmas jumpers as we go nearer Xmas time and who doesn't like a bit of that?!
And finally yes Xmas Time!!! From September/October.. Xmas stuff is suddenly just everywhere in the shops! Once bonfire night is over the xmas count down is really on! Xmas street lights, xmas music wherever you go, mulled wine, shopping for presents, xmas work parties, cosy nights in.. its all a very magical time of year and i for one love it!!
Does Anyone else love this time of year..!?  or am i on my own.. hehe
xxxxxxx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14465171/?claim=z9j5xanbf8t">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...........From Mummy To Me............ All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig